Nummies Sweet Shop : Sweet Tooth Heaven

Nummies Sweet Shop,
Cagayan de Oro City
Nummies Sweet Shop is found along Pabayo St., Cagayan de Oro City. It is the shop with the pale blue picket fence. From the outside, it does look darling. Only slightly questioning the word ice cream written as one word.

Even weeks before I came to this place I had heard good things about it and for me that is very important.

I am a horrible food reviewer though. In Cagayan de Oro, new sweets cafes had been popping up everywhere but I wait to hear what other people think of it first. Since I ate in places I thought were cute on the outside and only to be disappointed with the horrible food before, I have developed a habit of waiting to hear what friends say before visiting for myself. I didn't want to be fooled by the exterior again.

However, it was rated very highly in facebook with an almost perfect score of 4.9. I think that is the first time I've ever seen that high of a score that doesn't have food that costs less than P300.

It was a little weird taking pictures from the outside because I noticed people looking at me weirdly. Not that I blame them. I probably looked suspicious. I could be taking pictures for retcon in order to plan an elaborate heist to steal secret recipes. Or I just look weird, period. I am willing to bet it is the latter.


Interiors

Customer collage.

The interior design was obviously made to cater to the young. A good business move since it is only a ride away from several schools, like Corpus Christi School, Xavier University and Lourdes College.

Taking photos is also very encouraged. Another great business move is the photo mural on one side, which is probably my favorite thing in the whole place.

So many happy customers! I don't blame them, being there made me happy as well. It made the place seem more welcoming and young. They also seem to encourage customers posting photos in Facebook.

Floor area.
Another thing that customers may like about the layout is that they have an area where you can slip out of your shoes and relax at the area reserved for sitting barefoot.

I love the pillows that had #like or #selfie on them. They are great for group silly photos. There are also stuffed animals perfect for cuddling purposes.

Without the huge tables in between, this set-up feels a lot more intimate. I have seen not only groups of friends coming here, but also couples celebrating their montharies and anniversaries.

Drinks 


Hot Chocolate

Hot Chocolate

I admit that I can't be sure, but I am pretty sure that the hot chocolate is made of Swiss Miss. I know because I drink it all the time.

I think it is a little overpriced since you can buy the sachet for less than P20. Then again, we are also paying for the services and environment, both of which are really great! I guess my only problem is that there is a little bit too much hot water. Then again, I have a very big sweet tooth.

I actually like the mug they used. Maybe I am biased since it is pink, But I still think it really went with the colorful interiors.

Cakes

Chocolate Caramel Truffle
Jar Cake

Chocolate Caramel Truffle Jar Cake

One of the shop's specialty is their jar cake. I have seen something like this before in Vanilla, a sweet shop in Manila. It was smart that they beat every competition in Cagayan de Oro by starting this trend first.

It really is quite cute. I love the jar and how it is decorated with a pretty bow. It is amazing how something quite simple could be so attractive.

While the gimmick will certainly get curious people to try, it is the taste that will make them return. I actually like the taste. The cake isn't overwhelmingly sweet and it didn't have the "day-old cake" taste, which I appreciate.

The next time I go back I really want to try their Red Velvet. It was actually what I wanted to try but they sadly ran out.


Ice Cream

Ice Cream Sundae

Ice Cream Sundae

The great thing about this is that one order is enough for 2-3 people already. I have seen friends and couples order this. I guess there is a sort of intimacy or closeness in sharing from the same bowl that can also have a certain attraction.

From the first impression, I already thought it was pretty to look at. The bowl is made of red, transparent plastic. However, it is served with equally colorful spoons, which made the whole thing still pretty presentable.

This place gives attention to presentation and that is appreciated. If there is one thing that bothers me is half-hearted presentations.  This is speculation, but I think the ice cream is from Selecta. I am not the best judge though since I don't often eat Selecta.

Banana Split

Banana Split

This is the first time I had banana split, so I was excited to try it. I have to say that I did like the presentation. It  looked pretty enough to be really appetizing.

It looked like they used the same kind of bowl for the ice cream sundaes.

It is enjoyable, but even more so if had friends with you. I know because that is what we did. I shared it with three of my friends ---- not the same ones I shared the ice cream sundae with of course. I can only take so much ice cream. We ate it in the midst of talking and teasing.

Over-all


I enjoyed myself every time I went there. It didn't matter if I was sitting on one of the tables or sitting cross-legged on their low chairs. The youthful atmosphere makes many young patrons want to come back for more.

So, if you have a sweet tooth and want a place you and your friends can enjoy feeling young, this is definitely the place for you.

It will probably be the first places I'd want to return to when I go back to CDO. I hope by then --- it will be even better. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
A Sweet World, Blog Design by Ipietoon